No. Aluminum has long been used safely in packaging, appliances, and other applications for the food and beverage industry, including coffee. We've chosen aluminum for our espresso capsules to optimize compatibility with Nespresso Original machines. Additionally, aluminum capsules are recyclable through our capsules recycling program.
Articles in this section
- Espresso Capsules Allergen Information
- How much caffeine do your Espresso Capsules have?
- Do Peet’s Espresso capsules have a food grade shellac coating on the inside so the coffee grounds don’t actually come in contact with the aluminum?
- Does Peet’s produce capsules that are compatible with Vertuo machines?
- What decaffeination method do you use for Decaf Ristretto Capsules?
- Doesn’t aluminum influence taste or my health?
- Do I need something to make the capsules work in my appliance?
- What is the origin of the coffees?
- Can I get the blends used in your espresso capsules in whole bean form?
- Which capsule is most like the espresso that I get in your stores?